Wednesday, March 4, 2015

 
 

 8th Grade Extra Credit: 

Terra Cotta Soldier Diary

  
Ancient China: The life of a Terra Cotta Soldier
We have begun learning about Ancient China and its amazing history.  Part of that history is the discovery of the Terra Cotta soldiers.  For this assignment you are to assume the identity of a soldier and tell the about life in Ancient China.
You must give your terra cotta warrior a voice.  Use the diary entry to tell about your soldier's life.  Use the information you have learned to create a story about life in Ancient China from the viewpoint of the terra cotta warrior.  Remember to use factual information and the rest is up to your imagination.
 
1.  Give your warrior a name.
 
2.  Use at least three factual events, people, or places.
 
3.  The story must be relevant and have a historical viewpoint.

4.  Must be typed, size 12, Times New Roman, double spaced,  and no more than one page.

5.  Must include a picture of the Terra Cotta warrior.
 
This due Monday, March 9, 2015.
 

 

 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, Jaakko, am tired of being attacked by the barbarian tribe. They have already killed my be loving brother! Who are next my kids? Not only are they attacking us they are also targeting Rome too. Then there has been a rumor about our emperor, Qin Shi Huang, building some wall that will protect us from the barbarians. One day as I was walking along the northern border I seen men and women in unimaginable labor building this tall and long wall. It was one of Qin Shi Huang massive buildings so far! Thanks to my emperor, Qin Shi Huang I do not have to worry about my family being killed anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job and I appreciate the effort! I like the drama and personality in your diary entry. I would have liked more historical information (although I did like the mention of Rome and the barbarian invasions) along with what you provided. Also, I would have liked more mention of the terra cotta warriors and their purpose. Overall, this is a really good job!

    ReplyDelete